[BITList] This and that

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Thu Nov 7 14:58:29 GMT 2013

G’day Hugh,

On 7 Nov 2013, at 19:46 pm, HUGH <chakdara at btinternet.com> wrote:

> And there popped into my mind the word "digwood".  "Digwood?" I asked.  "Dogwood?"  "Dagwood?"  "Dagwood Bumstead." Where the hell did he come from? I got up and wrote it  down just in case (American comic character, 1933 onward

Sorry to hear of your affliction. I hope that it gets better - you, the affliction will probably got on to someone else!

Now then Dagwood Station was the place where Banjo Patterson wrote the lyrics to the music that became “Waltzing Matilda

Dagwood is a sheep station very close to KYNUNA. Michael and his wife were with my wife and I when we visited Kynuna in 2001.

ooroo

Growing old beats the alternative - dying young.