[BITList] This and that

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 7 09:46:02 GMT 2013

Over the past 10-12 days I've had Gastroenteritis (not too bad), and a crop of cold sores, so a good deal of broken sleep.  Last night was fine, and I woke in the early hours, like Abu bed Adam, from a deep dream of peace. And there popped into my mind the word "digwood".  "Digwood?" I asked.  "Dogwood?"  "Dagwood?"  "Dagwood Bumstead." Where the hell did he come from? I got up and wrote it down just in case (American comic character, 1933 onwards - I looked at the cartoons online this morning and they don't ring any bells.)  I fell asleep again and who should walk into our living room, large as life, but my late brother Iain.  Only I was surprised - the family, being dream characters, thought nothing of it.