[BITList] Engineers

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri May 31 19:17:19 BST 2013

In today's papers I note some lady politician(s) getting undies in a twist over the lack of ladies going in for engineering in Scotland. Her view is based on numbers doing engineering degrees at uni and college, which is OK, I suppose, given there is wellnigh damn all chance of either sex training as one in industry.  She says the popular concept of an engineer is gained from looking at pictures of men in hard hats on building sites. I didn't know that, just shows how wrong I can be.