[BITList] BACKLASH

X50type x50type at cox.net
Wed May 29 06:09:49 BST 2013

Hugh

I don't know anything about the edl, so I think we are at cross purposes.

I was commenting about the flood of Muslims from the Middle East and North Africa who have arrived mainly in north Europe, USA and Australia and were generally accepted (reluctantly?) and given much assistance and were expected to fit in like any other immigrant group.
However, not all of them integrated as they were expected so to do.

No other religious group out of all the immigrant groups has created so many demands; a small number of them have become  intolerant of the societies they moved into and expect the host country to meet their requirements. That these requirements are often unacceptable to the hosts seems to produce a militant lot who are prepared to go to extremes for what they perceive as their Allah given right!

My response to these militants is that they should return from whence they came and not disturb the normal way of life and harmonious balance in the country that took them in. If they are going to stay they must have the same allegiance as every one else to the host nation and must be prepared to accept the way of life and traditions of the host.
This is not expecting too much.

Why so many were taken in to the various host countries in the first place is unclear. What can Muslims contribute that others can't?
Did any host nation seek out Muslims in particular?

As far as I know, Muslims do not have a supreme head of religion, no pope, no archbishop of Jeddah; so there is no powerful leader to stand up and condemn the acts of terror perpetrated by Muslims.
Consequently, as no Muslim voice is raised in rejecting and condemning the violence, it appears silence is tacit approval. This makes yer average joe very wary of yer average Muslim and the men wearing dresses doesn't help - and let's not start on about the women.

More than likely most Muslims are ok -- but they all look the same to me!

Muslims waltzing round europe, usa, australia, etc. in their frocks, trailing their women folk behind them in their black cover-alls is as incongruous as me tripping round the swamps and bayous of south louisiana in a Morris dancer's outfit..........

Colin

Sent from my iPad3