[BITList] Guns for tots

X50type x50type at cox.net
Fri May 3 07:09:20 BST 2013

As I've mentioned before,  Hugh
Many  in  the more  rural  parts of the USA  and the south, have this fear that they must be armed to protect the country (not necessarily themselves) from some clandestine part of the government that wants  to "take over". Utterly illogical I know, but the NRA and others foster this idea and it gives gun lovers a cogent raison d'être.
The founding fathers made a huge mistake by wording the 2nd amendment as they did.
As you see from the YouTube vid, some grow up in this so called gun culture.
Incidentally, about 33,000 people are killed YEARLY here, this and gun related violence and accidents cost some billions of dollars per year.
Gun law change or even amendment is almost impossible even after the recent spate of school shootings, etc. the NRA is so well funded by the gun makers that they can exert enormous pressure (and pay off in various ways) the politicians we elect, but in reality do the gun makers bidding.
If that is not bad enough, many look upon guns as a kind of badge of manhood, rather like a Harley Davidson,  hey! I'm a tough hombre............
Yeah, right.
The Atlantic is your friend.

Colin.

Sent from my iPad3