[BITList] UK - Pensions - An Interesting case

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Fri Mar 22 03:20:14 GMT 2013

Peter Morris discovered an interesting case in the UK. It is about part time judges in the UK who were being denied access to pension provision that were available to full time judges. It appears the part time judges successfully argued that cost (£2 billion+) was no impediment to fixing discrimination! The opposite result to our frozen pensioners court case apparently.

http://www.employmentcasesupdate.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed15627

The case had gone to the Court of Justice of the EU, which referred it back to the Supreme Court with the comment that "budgetary considerations cannot justify discrimination"

We are looking into the possibility of getting ICBP interested in this case. But if they are not interested we would recommend that you try to weave this into any email you send to a minister or a mandarin.