[BITList] Do you know who I am?

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 16 15:12:37 GMT 2013

Mike,

In the late 80s/early 90s a new director of Kvaerner Govan found his way onto one of the ships at the fitting out quay. All was normal except for a small group of loungers. He marched up to them, and they took no notice, not even when he paraded up and down a bit.  At last he reverted to speech, "Do you people know who I am?"  "Sorry, no," one said, and turned to his colleagues.  "Lads, this guy doesn't know who he is." "I'm a director of this firm," he told them, once he had recovered his composure, "and unless you get on your feet and start working this instant, you are all sacked." "Can't do that," they told him, "We don't work for you. We're sub-contractors.  We're waiting for our boss and a load of materials." He was an idiot, as that and other such incidents showed.