[BITList] Halliburton rig worker acknowledges missing signs of well blowout as BP trial continues

x50type x50type at cox.net
Thu Mar 14 21:51:21 GMT 2013

Frank,

that was my experience with most US companies..................money was god, how potentially dangerous operations were carried was irrelevant to PROFIT/BONUS.
The problem is that no independent is powerful enough to be listened to when they opine or reveal or express potentially unsafe working conditions and possible dangers- they will be dismissed and that company no longer employed. [This applied to ABS and the US Dept of Oil Things whose inspectorate was castigated for their incestuous relations with the drilling and oil companies].These effin cowboys think they know everything and as we see from this disaster – they don’t.
Any one on the rigs who does not go with the party line is dismissed.
The office wallahs in houston think they know everything and would never even entertain advice or info from rig hands. In fact they probably have a degree and have spent a couple of months on or near a rig – consequently, they know it all.

The US drilling business is a very incestuous and unhealthy environment where everyone is in CYA mode.

I agree entirely with you about the Japanese work environment, I have nothing but praise for them.

Colin