[BITList] Religion Among Americans Hits Low Point, As More People Say They Have No Religious Affiliation: Report

COLIN TAYLOR x50type at cox.net
Thu Mar 14 13:29:29 GMT 2013

Frank

As far as I know, there is no consideration given by those with Christian beliefs to the 0.8% of the US population that are muslims.
The majority of Americans (73-76%) identify themselves as Christians and about 15-20% have no religious affiliation.[3][4] According to the American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS), which was cited by the US Census Bureau in their 2012 Statistical Abstract, 76% of the American adult population identified themselves as Christians, with 25% identifying themselves as Catholics, and 51% identifying themselves as Christians spanning some 30 religious groupings.[3][5] The same survey says that other religions (including, for example, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, and Hinduism) collectively make up about 4% of the adult population, another 15% of the adult population claim no religious affiliation, and 5.2% said they did not know, or they refused to reply.[3] According to a 2012 survey by the Pew forum, 36 percent of Americans state that they attend services nearly every week or more.[
Colin