[BITList] ADVICE FROM JOE- A RETIRED HUSBAND

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 5 04:54:05 GMT 2013

one may need to careful who sees this mail

frank

        cid:1.1561757036 at web180016.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
        ADVICE FROM JOE- A RETIRED HUSBAND
        It is important for men to
        remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them
        to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were
        younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are
        oversensitive, and there's nothing worse than an oversensitive
        woman.

        My name is JOE. Let me relate how I handled the situation with
        my wife. When I retired a few years ago, it became necessary for
        JoAnn to get a full-time job, along with her part-time job, both
        for extra income and for the health benefits that we needed.
        Shortly after she started working, I noticed she was beginning
        to show her age. I usually get home from the golf club about the
        same time she gets home from work.

        Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says she
        has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts dinner. I
        don't yell at her. Instead, I tell her to take her time and just
        wake me when she gets dinner on the table. I generally have
        lunch in the Men's Grill at the club, so eating out is not
        reasonable. I'm ready for some home-cooked grub when I hit that
        door. She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating.
        But now it's not unusual for them to sit on the table for
        several hours after dinner.

        I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her several times
        each evening that they won't clean themselves. I know she really
        appreciates this, as it does seem to motivate her to get them
        done before she goes to bed.

        Another symptom of aging is complaining, I think. For example,
        she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay
        the monthly bills during her lunch hour. But, Boys, we take 'em
        for better or worse, so I just smile and offer encouragement. I
        tell her to stretch it out over two, or even three days That
        way, she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her that
        missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any (if
        you know what I mean). I like to think that is one of my strong
        points.

        When doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs more rest
        periods. She had to take a break when she was only half-finished
        mowing the yard. I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair man. I
        tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly
        squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as she
        is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

        I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support my
        wife. I'm not saying that showing this much consideration is
        easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it
        impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women
        get as they get older. However, Guys, even if you just use a
        little more tact and less criticism of your aging wife because
        of this article, I will consider that writing it was well
        worthwhile. After all, we are put on this earth to help each other.
        EDITOR'S NOTE:
        Joe died suddenly on July 24, 2012 of a perforated rectum. The
        police report says he was found with a Calloway extra-long
        50-inch Big Bertha Driver II golf club jammed up his rear end,
        with barely 5 inches of grip showing, and a sledge hammer lying
        nearby. His wife was arrested and charged with murder. The
        all-woman jury took only 10 minutes to find her Not Guilty,
        accepting her defense that Joe, somehow without looking,
        accidentally sat down on his golf club.