[BITList] How Much is A Billion??

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 3 12:32:38 GMT 2013

    We have had this before but didn't think it would hurt to give it
    another airing
    frank

            JUST CHANGE THE NAME OF THE COUNTRY

            *This is too true to be funny.****
            **The next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion'
            in a casual manner, think about whether you want the
            'politicians' spending YOUR tax money.

            A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one
            advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure
            into some perspective in one of its releases.

            **A.**
            A billion seconds ago it was 1959.**

            **B.**
            A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.**

            **C.**
            A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

            **D.**
            A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.**

            **E. **
            A billion Pounds ago was only 13 hours and 12 minutes, at
            the rate our government is spending it.****

            **Value Added Tax*
            *Stamp Duty
            Tobacco Tax
            Corporate Income Tax
            Income Tax*
            *Council Tax
            Unemployment Tax
            Fishing Licence Tax
            Petrol/Diesel Tax*
            *(tax on top of tax)Inheritance Tax
            (tax on top of tax)Alcohol Tax
            Marriage Licence Tax
            Property Tax
            Service charge taxes
            Social Security Tax
            Vehicle Licence Registration Tax
            Vehicle Sales Tax
            Workers Compensation Tax**

            STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?/

            /**/Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our
            nation was one of the most prosperous in the world.

            We had absolutely no national debt.
            We had the largest middle class in the world. Mum stayed
            home to raise the kids, Dad was allowed to discipline kids/*
            */a criminals life was uncomfortable. /**

            What the hell happened?*
            *'Political Correctness', 'Politicians or both?'*
            *I hope this goes around the****UK**and beyond
            at least 100 times**.*

            Image removed by sender. Description: Image removed by
            sender. Description:
            cid:2.3355070008 at web87115.mail.ird.yahoo.com