[BITList] Fwd: 10 Months Later, M/V Ocean Breeze Finally Removed from Chilean Beach and Scuttled | gCaptain âs" Maritime & Offshore News

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 30 13:35:08 BST 2013

Mike,

Quite a procedure in daunting conditions.

I couldn't resist indulging in a bit of pedantry.  I quote: "Nearly 300
meters from the high-water mark, while carrying more than 34,000 tons of
grain cargo, TITAN and T&T Salvage were contracted after the failed attempts
of previous salvors led to a constructive total loss of the vessel."  So
TITAN and T&T Salvage managed it all while being stuck nearly 300 metres
from the high-water mark with the added handicap of carrying nearly 34,000
tons of grain cargo with them.