[BITList] electronic communications

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sun Jun 23 15:57:31 BST 2013

G'day Frank,

On 23/06/2013, at 20:24 PM, FS <franka at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Cant understand what all the fuss is about, re communications being
> spied upon as it was made perfectly plain at the outset that all
> electronic communications should be treated as if being posted as a post
> card, ie open to be read by anyone interested enough to pick it up

I have no problems if these intrusions are done within the Law. Apparently they aren't being done within the Law.

I sent the msg below to a friend of mine who is a retired Liberal Federal MP.

"If your mob get onto power later this year will they arrest any known member of the FBI or CIA that arrives in Australia and charge them with spying?

If not, why not?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/17705474/new-spying-leaks-emerge-as-snowden-faces-us-charges/

If you say no then you must therefore believe that the USA can spy on our country with impunity.