[BITList] sky news, google, Apple TV and Chunkyroll

x50type x50type at cox.net
Sat Jun 22 14:53:06 BST 2013

Ron, Malcolm

I see you are/were getting Sky TV via satellite antenna, black box and activation card.
Quite similar in the US but not so many parabolic antennas – unless something like ones favourite Mongolian [for example] TV channel is not available thro ones cable tv/internet/telephone provider but is available via satellite.

Apple TV is no additional cost to the cable service but as mentioned, some of the available channels are pay channels which are paid for via ones apple account.
Incidentally, the trend is for the likes of apple, google, etc to become on line tv providers. Apple is reportedly working on their own high density [retina?] TV set too.

Google’s Amazon already provides a huge number of movies and tv shows [yes, even downton abbey and bbc top gear] viewable on ones viewing thing of choice be it TV, PC, cell phone or tablet. Thousands are free if one is an Amazon Prime member [$75/year]. Membership does not only include viewing the movies, etc, but reduced prices on goods sold by Amazon and free 2 day delivery on same also Amazon Cloud.

OK, enough of that – back to my Korean school boy/girl drama on Chunkyroll. It’s actually called “Shinwa” and started out depicting an industrial organisation like Hyundai, that’s why I thought it was a commercial at first. From what I can gather, the big boss of Shinwa builds this wonderful Eton-like school Shinwa High and provides scholarships for very bright students – but for a yet to be revealed mysterious and sinister motive.

ct