[BITList] The importance of walking.

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 26 04:22:13 BST 2013

Maybe a smile to start the day
frank

            ---------

                image001.jpg*/

                The Importance of walking/*

                Walking can add minutes to your life.
                This enables you at 85 years old
                to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing
                home at $4,000 per month.

                image002.jpg

                My grandpa started walking
                five miles a day when he was 60.
                Now he's 97 years old
                and we have no idea where the hell he is.

                I like long walks,
                especially when they are taken
                by people who annoy me.

                image003.jpg

                The only reason I would take up walking
                is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

                I have to walk early in the morning,
                before my brain figures out what I'm doing...

                image004.jpg

                I joined a health club last year,
                spent about 250 bucks.
                Haven't lost a pound.
                Apparently you have to go there!

                Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
                I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

                image005.jpg

                I do have flabby thighs,
                but fortunately my stomach covers them.

                The advantage of exercising every day
                is so when you die, they'll say,
                'Well, he looks good doesn't he.'

                image006.jpg

                If you are going to try cross-country skiing,
                start with a small country.

                I know I got a lot of exercise
                the last few years,......
                just getting over the hill.

                image007.jpg

                We all get heavier as we get older,
                because there's a lot more information in our heads.
                That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

                AND

                Every time I start thinking too much
                about how I look,