[BITList] Bombay -Calcutta,by train

x50type x50type at cox.net
Thu Jul 25 22:56:47 BST 2013

Ronald

interesting anecdote – as you say, days of a long bygone era.

thanks

I was in Calcutta and apparently my services were needed asap in Bombay, so I flew from there to there. Noisy propeller driven aircraft.
The rotund native sitting next to me was petrified when we were descending into Bombay and insisted on grabbing hold of may arm instead of the arm rest!
I was whisked back to the Dara – I was really thrilled by that; I had already spent 15 months on the fucking thing. I started my first spell on it and ended my first spell on it. Three months later it was blown up. I had been on vacation touring France, the photo of the Dara on fire was one of the first things I saw in the English newspaper on the ferry back to Dover.
ct