[BITList] 1st Hindu-American Congresswoman to Take Oath on Gita

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 23 09:58:49 BST 2013

Frank,

Hindu-American? Good luck to the lady, and I hope she sticks it up a few political retards - but is everyone in the US lumbered with a clunky religious/ethnic (kind of) description? Is it permitted not to have one?  Why don't we in the UK have them?  Are we missing out on something? Etc.

Whence came this mania for classification? And why not the full description of every last nook and cranny the ancestors inhabited and followed?