[BITList] George Zimmerman Not Guilty: Jury Lets Trayvon Martin Killer Go

x50type x50type at cox.net
Sun Jul 14 15:39:14 BST 2013

Hugh

I haven't looked or heard any news so far this morning [its early –0900], but it is possible that Zimmerman is not free and clear yet.
I would not be surprised if the Martin family brings a wrongful death suite against him. The standard for the civil suite to succeed is much lower than a civil trial.
‘Twas the successful civil suite that took the smile off OJ Simpson’s face.

I don’t know why there were only six on the jury. Possibly because in the US, locals can decide the numbers of jurors also the number of needed for a conviction.

US juries come up with some very odd decisions – remember Stacey Anthony last year in Florida? same county I think.

Only a month ago a jury in Arizona decided they could not give psycho-killer Jodi Arias the death penalty, even though they were all asked if they had any problem giving the sentence of death if they found her guilty. In this case it was the jury foreman who backed off!

Colin