[BITList] More on the UK Government and their "Stolen Pensions"

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Mon Jul 8 07:06:01 BST 2013

On 08/07/2013, at 14:19 PM, x50type <x50type at cox.net> wrote:

> This 2008 articles states the following but did not say why the court rejected the claim!
>
> But probably there are updates on this.
>
>  ct
>
> European Court of Human Rights has rejected their claim
>
> Over 500,000 elderly British expats, about half of them Australia-based, are reeling from the shock news that the European Court of Human Rights has rejected their claim that the UK’s long-standing frozen pensions policy is discriminatory and in breach of the Human Rights Act.
>
> and
>
> Canada, Australia are among the handful of Commonwealth countries which offer financial assistance to British expats impoverished by the UK policy. The current cost to Australia is about $A110 million a year.
>

> do you think your assertion that
>
> BTW There is no law in the UK that you MUST have an agreement to receive updating of the UK pension.
>
> Indeed, there is NO LAW that states that the pension cannot be paid in some countries but not in others.
>
> influenced the courts decision in anyway?

No it was political interference.

I followed that Court of Human Rights case at that time.

And, I read the disgraceful reasons for them rejecting it.

Discrimination is discrimination and that is illegal.

As I wrote before, there is no rules under which the UK Government can carry out this discrimination.

Read all about it on the many web sites that cover this sad and sorry blight on successive UK Governments.

http://www.britishpensions.org.au/Index.htm

and a UK Newspaper

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/expat-money/7545498/Australian-government-backs-British-pensioners-rights.html