[BITList] The DGSE (Direction Générale de la Sécurité Exterieure)

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 6 16:17:14 BST 2013

Cutting from a received email which I thought was worth sharing, it
certainly expresses a valid thought which could help defray the cost of
running these systems
frank

Feigning shock and outrage, reporters Jacques Follorou and Franck
Johannès detail (with the aid of some basic graphics) how telephone
calls, e-mails and internet activity including Facebook messages
throughout France and beyond are stored by the DGSE (Direction Générale
de la Sécurité Exterieure) in the style of the British GCHQ or American
PRISM programme.

There is an argument to be had about whether it is right to store all
such information (which the DGSE vehemently deny) or whether such action
really does help in the prevention of terrorism or other national
threat. But can anybody still seriously doubt that all major governments
of the world don't gather such information, whether legally or not?

So, to the DGSE, a personal plea.When my old computer gave up the ghost
last August and I thought I had managed to transfer all useful files to
the new model -- I seem to have mislaid a piece about foie gras.I wonder
if you could spare a few agents to trawl through a few billion Facebook
pictures of cute cats and dogs, several hundred thousand potentially
adulterously intentioned text messages and some quite heated telephone
conversations to Orange and EDF customer service operatives, in the hope
that it may be retrieved?

Here I shall leave the subject, as there is a man across the road,
wearing a trilby hat and raincoat who seems to be pointing a camera
through the window at my desk.....