[BITList] PHENOMENAL 2 LETTER WORD!!

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 27 08:37:21 GMT 2013

*I'm sure you will enjoy this.  I never knew one word in the English
language that can be a noun, verb, adj, adv,  prep.*

_UP
_

Read until the end ... you'll laugh.

This two-letter word in English has more meanings than  any other
two-letter word, and that word  is _UP_.'It is listed in the dictionary
as an [adv], [prep], [adj], [n] or [v].

It's  easy to understand _UP_, meaning toward the sky or at the top of
the list,  but when we awaken in the morning, why do we wake _UP_?

At  a meeting, why does a topic come _UP_? Why do we speak _UP_, and why
are the officers _UP_for  election (if there is a tie, it is a toss UP)
and why is it _UP _to the secretary to write _UP_a  report? Â We
call_UP_our  friends, brighten _UP_a  room, polish_UP_the  silver, warm
_UP_the  leftovers and clean _UP_the  kitchen. We lock _UP_the house and
fix _UP_the  old car.

At other times, this little word has real special meaning. People stir
_UP_trouble, line _UP_for  tickets, work _UP_an  appetite, and think
_UP_excuses.

To  be dressed is one thing but to be dressed _UP_is  special.

And  this _UP_is confusing:  A drain must be opened _UP _because it is
blocked _UP_..

We  open _UP_a  store in the morning but we close it _UP _at night.  We
seem to be pretty mixed _UP_about _UP_!

To  be knowledgeable about the proper uses of _UP_, look _UP_the word
_UP_in the dictionary. In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes _UP_almost
1/4 of the page and can add _UP_to  about thirty definitions.

If  you are _UP_to it, you might try building _UP_a  list of the many
ways _UP_is used.  It will take _UP_a  lot of your time, but if you
don't give _UP_, you may wind _UP_with (UPto) a  hundred or more.

When  it threatens to rain, we say it is clouding _UP_. When the sun
comes out, we say it is clearing _UP_. When it rains, it soaks _UP_the
earth.  When it does not rain for awhile, things dry _UP_.One could go
on and on, but I'll wrap it _UP_, for now . . . my time is _UP_!

Oh  . . . one more thing: What is the first  thing you do in the morning
and the last thing you  do at night?

_

P_!

Did  that one crack you _UP_?

Don't  screw _UP_.. Send this on to everyone you look _UP_in  your
address book . . . or not . . . it's _UP_to you.

Now  I'll shut _UP_!