[BITList] Fwd: Snow

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 21 20:11:55 GMT 2013

Mike,

I can't take in the full horror of what we see on TV about this snow. I heard talk of 9cm of snow in Durham, which comes to 90mm, which is a lot of mm, ten times more mm than cm. And 10mm of snow on Heathrow causing serious problems.  Gatwick aren't quite up to it - they have no delays, I heard. Schools closed all over the UK for health and safety reasons. What would these be, I wonder?  We used to get a half holiday if there was heavy rain (wet children in class = no good), but I can't recall ever getting one through snow. I do remember walking to school in the snow (I was about 8), and the snow in the playground came halfway up me. Maybe that was a different kind of snow.