[BITList] Fwd: Re: PILOT'S TEST :- So you think that you knowgeography?

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 14 11:49:33 GMT 2013

Frank,

I've never flown Ryanair. My elder daughter and granddaughter have, and what they tell me appals me.

Daughter Susan was accosted on entry to the bloody Ryanair plane, ie, in the doorway, after all the other pre-flight security checks had been done and queues stood in, by a woman who demanded £35 because her bag was "too big".  Knowing Susan, I'm surprised the woman didn't get the bag stuffed down her throat.  What she got was a right rollicking with some choice language.  Susan paid up under protest - when she moved forward, the identical process started with the woman behind her. Pure and simple, they're crooks.

Granddaughter Sarah (Susan's daughter) was stopped by a Ryanair functionary who demanded her passport. This was at Prestwick, and she was bound for Dublin. He examined the passport. "I can't see your left eye," he complained.  "Really," she said. "It's next to my right eye." "Your hair is covering it," he said.  "That's how I wear my hair," she said. She held her hair aside briefly.  "See, it's the same as the other one." He turned then to her baguette. "You can't take that aboard the plane."  "Is that because it's a sharp object?" Silence from functionary.  "Tell you what, I'll eat it." And she did, in front of him. Don't mess with Sarah.

Ryanair?  I piss on them.