[BITList] fee-for-service

X50type x50type at cox.net
Wed Jan 2 00:09:26 GMT 2013

I'm not surprised, Frank
There are 2 highly paid jobs where having another attempt, and thereby charging twice or more and repeating twice or more the fix to complete the job successfully is acceptable.
One is doctor (take the pills and come back next week) and the other is lawyer (don't worry we didn't win the case, but while you're in jail we'll appeal until you haven't a cent left). And we don't complain.
How far would a plumber get if his repair was not as successful as it should have been- so he comes back and gives you another bill to fix the repair he didn't fix with his last bill? We'd complain like hell.
But back to doctors, they can keep stringing us along just as long as they like - getting well paid for each visit.
This is one of the two main reasons for the outrageous cost of health care costs and premiums here; the other is the ridiculous cost of most drugs.
Needless to say, the drug industry lobby is possibly the most powerful in Washington.

Ct

Sent from my iPad3