[BITList] Printer ink cartridges: why you're paying more but getting a lot less | Money | The Guardian

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sun Feb 24 04:36:26 GMT 2013

G'day folks,

On 24/02/2013, at 09:39 AM, M.j. Feltham <ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com> wrote:

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2013/feb/23/printer-ink-cartridges-paying-more-getting-less

I have just bought a LASER printer - black only - for A29.98 or UKP20.414 or USD30.889

I also bought an Epson Artisan 730 that has just been discontinued for AUD149.00 or UKP101.55 or USD153.67

It is one of the better printers around and carries 6 cartridges.

But, I am ordering my fourth CISS. Continual Ink System Supply.

See..

http://tinyurl.com/au5mgau

If I buy sixX100ml bottles of 'pigment ink' they will cost me AUD167.00

Dye inks will cost AUD70.00 for 6X100ml.

A set of Epson ink cartridges is AUD132.00 and contain around 15ml of ink.

BTW when you buy a CISS system there is around 40 or 50 ml in each container.

No contest.