[BITList] Bitter Pill: The Exorbitant Prices of Health Care

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 23 16:47:54 GMT 2013

Saturday afternoon,

Colin,

My wife's brother was taken to hospital in Greenock here last Friday/Saturday, suffering from a very very sore knee. He died on Monday night of streptococcal septicaemia and multiple organ failure and was cremated on Thursday. For all but the first few hours he was on life support, 24/7 dialysis, blood and plasma, and a cocktail of antibiotics, with 3 staff in constant attendance. Cost up front to us = zilch.  Our problems seem small when I consider USA health care.