[BITList] Fwd: Is Your Ship Ready for a Fire? | gCaptain - Maritime & Offshore News

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 12 14:36:29 GMT 2013

Mike
the scenario described in this extract took place on a jack up I was on,
the co2 was discharged but the fans never shut down because the
electrician had jumpered out the shut down relay during a refit a couple
of months before for some reason which escapes me, luckily we managed to
put the fire out with a couple of very large dry powder extinguishers on
trolleys, made  quite a mess but it saved the rig
frank