[BITList] UK PREMIER FOOTBALL - COSTS OF ADMISSION

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sun Dec 29 04:43:26 GMT 2013

For those who do not listen to the 'Today' programme on Radio 4, this is English humour at its best.

Right at the end of a programme recently, there was a discussion about the obscene cost of entry into Premiership football games, the cheapest price of £60 and £100 per game is not uncommon.

An older chap being interviewed said he could recall many years ago arriving at the turnstiles (it was probably West Ham United): "That will be ten quid, mate".

"What?!" the old chap said "I could get a woman for that!"

The guy on the turnstile retorted, "Not for 45 minutes each way with a brass band and a meat pie in the interval, you wouldn't!”

ooroo

I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting harder and harder for me to find one.