[BITList] Microsoft retires Windows XP in April 2014; expect attacks, say security experts

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat Dec 14 06:50:25 GMT 2013

Are you using M$ XP?

From a correspondent of mine…..

Quote…

Although we are converting to Apple Mac, some of you, perhaps like me having started with Microsoft Works for DOS, are still using Windows XP for old documents, and might find this article of interest:
XP's retirement will be hacker heaven

Hackers will bank bugs until after Microsoft retires Windows XP in April 2014; expect attacks, say security experts

By Gregg Keizer | Computerworld US | Published 12 August 2013

Cyber criminals will bank their Windows XP zero-day vulnerabilities until after Microsoft stops patching the aged operating system next April, a security expert argued today.  Read more:  http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/applications/3463603/xps-retirement-will-be-hacker-heaven/

ooroo

The palest ink is more reliable than the strongest memory.

Chinese Proverb.