[BITList] manslaughter trial

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 31 01:38:28 BST 2013

Colin,
I been having a bit of a muse on our discussion, In the British system
if one hires a taxi and it is involved in a accident then the driver is
held accountable where as in places like Taiwan if the taxi is involved
in a accident then the passenger is held responsible  on the grounds
that if he had not hired the taxi then it would have not been in the
place where the accident happened. Don't know if this is another of the
differences between British law and Napoleonic law. So does American
law  in the South lean towards Continental law? which would explain the
present court case
frank