[BITList] Fwd: [vsdh] The Landfillharmonic Orchestra

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 18 15:18:17 BST 2013

Mike,

The J.S. Bach piece we heard on the cello took me right back to when I first heard it.  It was Jazz on a Summer's Day, the film of the Newport Jazz Festival. In a break from playing, one of the musicians sat alone in a dim room illuminated by a shaft of sunlight (how I remember it). He was unshaven, soaked in sweat, dressed in a vest, and had a cigarette hanging from his lower lip.  Then he played that piece. The contrast was stunning.