[BITList] Fw: How Do Court Reporters Keep Straight Faces?

John Davison davison.g at xtra.co.nz
Wed Aug 14 04:43:55 BST 2013

 Straight Faces?

  A real Classic!

Subject: FW: How Do Court Reporters Keep Straight
Faces?

        Faces?

        things people actually said ...in court, word for word, taken down and
        published by court reporters that had the torment of staying calm while
        the exchanges were taking place.

        thing your husband said to you that morning?
        am I, Cathy?'
        name is Susan!
        were you in at the moment of the impact?
        Reeboks.
        Are you sexually active?
        there.
        is your date of birth?
        year?
        year.
        your son, the one living with you?
        thirty-five, I can't remember which.
        with you?
        years.
        gravis, does it affect your memory at all?
        And in what ways does it affect your memory?
        forget..
        something you
        forgot?
        doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't
        know about it until the next morning?
        the bar exam?

        The youngest son, the 20-year-old, how old is he?
        much like your
        IQ.
        present when your picture was taken?
        me?
        date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?
        Yes.
        Getting
        laid

        She had three children , right?
        were boys?
        girls?
        I get a new
        attorney?
        How was your first marriage terminated?
        death..
        Take a
        guess.

        Can you describe the individual?
        and had a beard
        Unless the Circus was in town I'm going with
        male.
        appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I
        sent to your attorney?
        work.
        how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead
        people?
        your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?
        Oral...
        recall the time that you examined the body?
        started around 8:30 PM
        time?
        finished.
        Are you qualified to give a urine sample?
        to ask that
        question?

        last:

        pressure?
        breathing?
        the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
        No.
        brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
        patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
        possible that he could have been alive and practicing
        law.