[BITList] annihilate, annihilate

x50type x50type at cox.net
Fri Aug 9 17:26:50 BST 2013

if it had been me with her billions, I would have bought the shop and destroyed it.

ct
Swiss officials apologize to Oprah for racism
Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY9:57 a.m. EDT August 9, 2013
The mogul wanted to buy a handbag in Zurich.
(Photo: Evan Agostini, Invision, via AP)
SHARE 657
CONNECT 46
TWEET 122
COMMENTEMAILMORE
Earlier this week, Oprah Winfrey mentioned toEntertainment Tonight's Nancy O'Dell that she had encountered racism while in Switzerland for Tina Turner's recent wedding.

Oprah left her hotel to do a little shopping. "I didn't have my eyelashes on but I was in full Oprah Winfrey gear ... but obviously the Oprah Winfrey show is not shown in Zurich." She was by herself and went into a shop and wanted to look at a handbag, "She says to me, no, it's too expensive," adding that Oprah "would not be able to afford that." She refused to give her the purse.

Winfrey left the store without making a fuss, says ET, deciding it was better to leave empty-handed than give the employee commission.

More: Oprah to receive Medal of Freedom

Forbes magazine estimates that Winfrey earned $77 million in the year ending in June.

A spokeswoman for the Swiss tourism office, Daniela Baer, told the Associated Press on Friday, "We are very sorry for what happened to her."

The tourism office also posted an apology on Twitter, saying "this person acted terribly wrong."