[BITList] Fwd: In Need of a New Hip, but Priced Out of the U.S. - NYTimes.com

M.j. Feltham ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com
Sun Aug 4 17:32:57 BST 2013

Colin,

During the last 15 months I have had two Total Knee Replacement, both paid by the NHS, one in a state hospital, the other one was done in a BUPA clinic.  Whilst waiting for a post op appointment I picked up a price list at the BUPA clinic.  Their prices were £10,300 for a Knee and £9,700 for a Hip.
This includes all costs including Physiotheraphy.

Looking at the attached article you wonder how the suppliers of knees and hips sleep at night with the prices they charge !  Thank God for the NHS

Mike