[BITList] Placebo buttons do absolutely nothing, and they are everywhere

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 4 05:33:45 BST 2013

On 8/4/2013 9:44 AM, John Feltham wrote:

> John
I found that if I disconnected the A/C thermostat in the accommodation
and left it in situ on the bulkhead while wiring another unit and
placing it in the overhead the number of complaints I received re the
accommodation temperature faded away to zero while the knob twiddlers
where happy  dialling in their temp of choice, served me well on a
number of vessels don't know how the people who followed me got on if
the thermostat ever broke down
frank