[BITList] Fwd: Angus Hutchison obituary | UK news | The Guardian

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 23 08:51:15 BST 2013

Mike,

We don't see many obituaries like that, written from close personal
knowledge instead of from the files. If the satellites pack in, are there
any like him available to step in and do it by hand? We were in Thomas Cook
yesterday getting information for our daughter about creditscards. She found
out at the very last minute that the ABBA museum in Stockholm, the opening
of which she will be attending in May, will only be dealing with credit
cards, and she ain't got such a card. I asked the staff if they had any
views on what would happen to the electronic society in the event of a
massive and world-wide power failure.  As far as they are concerned, they
said, things would be done by hand, since they retain the means to do that.