[BITList] Fwd: Restrict child benefit to two children per family, Tories say - Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 4 22:25:47 BST 2013

Mike,

The Philpott case and others of that ilk are red herrings, as has been
comprehensively pointed out by every decent newspaper in the land. Using
them as an excuse for legislation against people whose lives have nothing in
common with theirs is utterly despicable.

The Herald has a tale (possibly apocryphal) about Tony Blair that
illustrates the mindset. Blair goes into his bank and asks if the amount he
can withdraw from ATMs can be increased. "Do you earn more than £25,000?"
the cashier asked. Said Blair, "It depends. Some days I do and some days I
don't."