[BITList] Proposal for B.I. Reunion in 2014

M.j. Feltham ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com
Sun Sep 30 17:00:54 BST 2012

B.I.  REUNION,  2014,  IN  LIVERPOOL

I am hoping to organize a B.I. Reunion over a weekend in October, 2014, namely Friday,10th. – Sunday, 12th. in Liverpool.

On the 12th.July, this year, James Slater and David Mitchell came to Liverpool for a look around and to pick out a suitable Hotel with me.

The Hotel chosen was one with a Nautical Theme, just 5 minutes walk from Lime Street Station, for people with Cars, the Hotel has a FREE Car Park for Residents.  The Hotel can accommodate the Friday evening Get Together with a Buffet Supper,  also the Dinner on Saturday evening and a Curry Lunch on Sunday.

As you will have a free day on Saturday, I am attaching a list of various places you might like to visit.

On the Waterfront -  Merseyside Maritime Museum, Museum of Liverpool and Tate Liverpool Art Gallery.

From the Maritime Museum, a trip to Liverpool Old Dock can be organized, the world’s first commercial Wet Dock, completed in 1715.

DUKW vehicles/vessels run amphibious tours round Central Liverpool from Albert Dock.

A round trip on a Mersey Ferry, available from in front of the Three Graces.

To get to the Waterfront I would go by the Underground, Mersey Travel, from Lime Street to James Street Station, turn right and then cross the Main Road and you are nearly there.

Nearer the Hotel you have the Walker Art Gallery, World Museum and St.Georges Hall.

The two Cathedrals are well worth a visit, both the Anglican and the Metropolitan have Restaurants and Guides and they are only 0.5 miles apart.

Western Approaches Command Bunker, from where the Battle of the Atlantic was planned.  This is on Rumford Street.

Transport will be provided for interested  people who might like to visit a coal-fired Steam Tug ”DANIEL ADAMSON” built in 1903, hopefully by 2014, it might be working after a major refit.

For Retail Therapy - visit the shops in Liverpool One.

I am sure you will enjoy the Reunion and visiting Liverpool.

Mike  Fe