[BITList] Voter Harassment, Circa 2012 - NYTimes.com

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 23 10:06:01 BST 2012

Mike,

As you know, we are required by law to fill in a voter registration form covering the household on the run up to any election.  In return we get a slip (one for each valid voter) that is handed to the people at the polling station, and our details are then scored through on the list of voters to indicate our attendance. Then we vote.  On the way in and out, but outside the building, we might pass sundry election agents and hangers on, none of whom are entitled to do anything other than make polite conversation (on the way out), and we may know most of them personally.  Very short shrift would be given to anyone attempting to get in the way of anyones progress to the door of the voting area.  Such as are permitted to be inside are there to point the way.  A simple procedure, so why all the criminal bullshit in the US?  Are the people wimps?