[BITList] T6 Harvards

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 3 14:57:49 BST 2012

Suppose this must come under the heading because they can
frank

*T6 Harvards*

HOW GOOD IS THIS? LOTS OF FLYING SKILL AND NERVE AS WELL!

Early morning anglers are treated to the spectacle of four T6 Harvard
aircraft from The Flying Lions Aerobatic Team water-skiing across the
Klipdrift Dam near Johannesburg, South Africa.

Arnie Meneghelli from Academy Brushware, owner of the aircraft, had this
to say, 'What we did today I believe is a world first. It illustrates
that South African air show pilots are amongst the best in the world.'

This unusual act, approved by the South African Civil Aviation Authority
(CAA), and supported by Castrol Aviation, was meticulously planned and
took place under the watchful eye of divers and paramedics that were on
site.

Extremely skilful even looking ahead...

but doing it while keeping formation... WOW!!!

This was pretty daring.

Just one little ripple or downdraft, etc., and it would all be over!