[BITList] loot

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Mon Nov 19 00:32:53 GMT 2012

Indeed everything the Republicans did -- and no one is saying much about this -- was designed to undermine democracy. It is a mentality I don't much understand but it looks to me identical to what happens in Third-World countries where the few quite literally loot the country. Romney's financial profile, incidentally, with all that money stashed in the Cayman Islands and many millions in IRAs, is identical to that of any Asian or Latin American politician. I suspect that the money of his friends is similarly stashed and thought of as theirs, earned because of their unique genius, and that the government and society should have not a nickel.

http://www.swans.com/library/art18/djordan01.html