[BITList] It gets worse

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 17 11:53:35 GMT 2012

The late Roy Castle, a chap I admired, was rather unkindly heckled in a Glasgow theatre while playing the umpteenth instrument in a row, for all I know while juggling six full glasses on a tight rope. Out of the amazed silence came one voice, "Is there no end to this man's talents?" That was unnecessary bullshit from an idiot, and in like vein there's a lot of unnecessary bullshit from idiots coming from across the big water.

Bill Clinton, at some meeting in London yesterday (do these people ever go anywhere else?), put his oar in about Scottish independence - one supposes his aides prepared some topics for him.  "How can we keep our special identity?" he asked, ".........how can you be  Scottish and British?" He went on to say it was "zero sum politics and its (sic) negative reference instead of a common vision." I near dropped my haggis all over my kilt while trying to work out the zero sum bit (keep maths out of politics, I say), and I can't be bothered answering his rhetorical question.

Madeleine Albright, the other week, reckoned "fragmentation in Europe was not helpful in efforts to work together with the US." Increases the odds on getting less support for the next invasion.  We should give a shit about that??