[BITList] more Are Apple stores just too crowded?

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Mon Nov 12 05:09:48 GMT 2012

the question is why are all of the PC shops not full of people?

simple, the majority of people no longer need a pc [running windows or not]. there are a number of alternatives, but Microsoft's foray into making tablets themselves running w8 and w8-rt is simply confusing the issue.  it also appears the market is not yearning for another edition of windows!
not to mention Microsoft's pricing of tablets is way off – if Ballmer says sales are ‘modest’ it means they are bloody terrible.

oh, did I mention Ballmer [the Donald trump of the pc world] is seriously delusional ........................................................?

Ballmer Claims Microsoft Surface RT Sales are off to a “Modest” Start
Posted 11/11/2012 at 6:34pm | by Justin Kerr
Print
Exact sales figures on devices can be somewhat hard to come by. Apple will occasionally share how many “iOS device’s they sold in a quarter”, they might even be generous enough to separate phones and tablets, but they rarely break it down by model. The Surface RT has been on sale now for about two weeks, and while we don’t exactly have specific numbers to go on, we do know what Steve Ballmer thinks of its sales performance in general.

The often outspoken CEO shared a few details during an interview with Le Parisien, and claimed the tablet is off to a “modest” start. This doesn’t tell us much, but if the Surface RT were hitting it out of the park I think Steve Baller would be taking a page from Tom Cruise, and be jumping up and down on the couch instead.

It remains to be seen if Microsoft can hold its own in the cut throat hardware market, or if potential customers are just holding off for the release of the Surface Pro. Why Microsoft would choose to launch Surface RT before the Pro continues to baffle us. The new modern UI style apps is about all Windows RT has to offer, and at least as of today, is vastly inferior to competing platforms. This could change in a hurry, however much consumer anxiety could have been assuaged if they had simply launched a product that ran desktop apps in the meantime.

I notice your email is wantok at me.com; my ipad likes to give my email as x50type at me.com and BITlist rejects that every time.
1    how is it my email’s rejected and your is not?
2    why does apple give me a xxx at me.com address without asking me or even informing me that apple is doing it?

colin