[BITList] The Helicopter ride

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Thu May 24 14:40:28 BST 2012

*/

/**/
Bill and his wife  Blanche go to the county fair every  year, and every
year Bill would  say,

" Blanche, I'd like to ride in that  helicopter "

Blanche always replied,

" I know Bill, but that helicopter ride is twenty quid,

and twenty quid is twenty quid! "

One year Bill and Blanche went to the fair, and Bill  said,

" Blanche, I'm 75 years  old.

If I don't ride that helicopter, I might never get another chance "

To this, Blanche replied,

" Bill that helicopter ride is twenty quid, and twenty quid is twenty quid "

The pilot overheard the couple and said,

" Folks I'll make you a deal. I'll take the both of you for a ride. If
you can stay quiet for the entire ride and don't say a word I won't
charge you a penny!

But if you say one word it's twenty quid. "

Bill and Blanche agreed and up they went.

The pilot did all kinds of fancy manoeuvres, but not a word was heard.

He did his daredevil tricks over and over again,

but still not  a word...

When they landed, the pilot  turned to Bill and said,

" By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out,  but you
didn't.

I'm impressed! "

Bill replied,
/**/
/**/
" Well, to tell you the truth I almost said something when  Blanche fell
out, but you know,

Twenty quid is twenty quid! "
/*