[BITList] Hassan & Habib

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue May 15 10:31:35 BST 2012

John,

Some years ago I was approached by a mendicant in Glasgow Central Station.
According to him, he only needed £1 to make up the fare to visit his sister
in England.  Touched by such a novel story, I gave him the £1.  A couple of
weeks later the same chap approached me again with the same story. As a
token of my esteem for his cheek I gave him another £1 and he went away
rejoicing.  That was the last I saw of him.  Perhaps he'd changed his
religion and gone to Australia under the name of Hassan.