[BITList] Malaria and Kala-azar [Blackwater Fever]

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sun May 13 12:18:06 BST 2012

On 13/05/2012, at 6:58 PM, HUGH wrote:

> Another colleague was being treated for an upset tummy and the runs, and not responding.  Again, the range of questions changed - "Have you ever been to such and such a place?  Have you ever had such and such?"  To which Hamish answered, "I had dysentery some years ago."  "You've still got it," they said.
>
> It pays to remember.

My cure, after the doctor received back the pathology reports that same day, was to take the prescription tablets so many times a day. When I queried his about the dose I was told that the double dose was meant to kill off the parasites for good.

It worked and I have never has a relapse since. Neither has my son in law.