[BITList] The Morgan

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 27 08:42:32 BST 2012

John,.

I echo the remark at the end - it's good to know such cars are still being made.  The only things missing are Poirot, and Captain Hastings at the wheel.  Though it matters little, not every man applying a spokeshave and fine sandpaper will have been he who usually does that, though I could be wrong.  I recall photo sessions in drawing offices where temporarily empty boards were filled by any passer by who was able to stand, pencil in hand, and look as if he knew what he was looking at.  My boss was at mine on one occasion, while I was elsewhere.

I note Henry Frederick Stanley Morgan was know as HFS - I am often referred to as HVS.