[BITList] in case anyone isn't convinced...

COLIN TAYLOR s14engine at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 24 15:36:18 BST 2012

I regret, Hugh
corporations have already taken over the political scene – here in the US anyway.
they having now achieved their simple aim of making the rich richer [and thereby the poor poorer].

This has been exacerbated by the tea party who believe it is ‘government’ that have made them poorer over the last 30 years, and not carefully orchestrated moves  by those with unlimited wealth and resources.

I have mentioned before the decades-old system of rules that govern the financing of the nation's political campaigns was partially upended by a U.S. Supreme Court ruling issued just ahead of the pivotal 2010 midterm congressional election season. Sky’s the limit now; we are seeing billionaires contributing millions already. $1.3 billion was spent on the 2008 election, the 2012 election will probably be $2 billion.......................

Now the supreme court is on the side of the ‘ruling class’, any decision/law by our elected officials not in their favour [unlikely I know]  can be challenged in the supreme court - who will give a favourable decision to the ‘ruling class’. incidentally the supreme court judges are there for life.

Obama is detested by the ‘ruling class and hated by white males simply because he is black. Will the voters use common sense and see through republican’s claim of making the rich richer and it will ‘trickle down’, or will they go for another 4 years of Obama?

what ever happens I am not optimistic.

ct