[BITList] Carbon Tax Hypocrites Jetsetting In Luxury At Our Expense

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 18 09:20:19 BST 2012

Would appear they are alive and well here too
frank

Not something you will find splashed across the front page of every
newspaper in Australia - but it should be.

    *Subject: **Carbon Tax Hypocrites Jet setting In Luxury At Our Expense*
    *
    *

    Exposed! Millions in Taxpayer Funds Wasted To Fly Climate Chance
    Bureaucrats Around World In Luxury!

    Is this email not displaying correctly?
    View it in your browser
    <http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=d9f51dd317ac24a90c904906c&id=fe9a5fd1c6&e=f8ef16fe8c>.

    Australian Taxpayers' Alliance
    <http://stopgillardscarbontax.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=d9f51dd317ac24a90c904906c&id=1c0a832a4b&e=f8ef16fe8c>

    Dear

    In just two weeks Aussie families will be slugged with a carbon tax
    to pay for a ‘green utopia’.

    But where is this money really going? And are our carbon tax
    bureaucrats practising what they preach?

    We did a little digging, and discovered what many long suspected:
    While Aussie families are struggling, bureaucrats are living the
    high life and travelling to exotic destinations at our expense.

    *Documents released to the Australian Taxpayers’ Alliance under
    Freedom of Information laws revealed that bureaucrats in the
    Department of Climate change flew 6,528,616km last financial year,
    costing us a staggering $3,274,286.40!*

    And while these very people are lecturing us to act like we’re back
    in the dark ages the carbon emissions of these flights equal over
    1000 tonnes!

    *The hypocrisy is staggering – it’s one rule for them, and another
    rule for us.  No wonder they are happy to slug airlines with the
    carbon tax – they don’t have to pay the bill! *

    So where were they flying to?

    None other than the holiday resorts of Cancun, Vanuatu, Maiami,
    Fiji, The Maldives, Grenada, Maimi, Barcelona… Must be tough having
    to travel to places like the Caribbean & South Pacific all the time!

    *The actions of Department staff make one thing clear: the carbon
    tax isn’t about the environment, it’s about squeezing taxpayers for
    their own benefit. *

    And of course, it’s only the best in luxury travel for our
    bureaucrats – no expense is spared! Many of these flights cost the
    taxpayers up to /ten times/ what an online economy class ticket
    would cost.

    A round trip from Sydney to Bali cost /for one person/ $15,311!!!!!
    I had a look on Jetstar just now, and you could get economy flight
    for under $700! Then there’s the flight to Seaul ($15,688.57),
    Thailand ($13,093.74pp for two people), Chile ($12,805.46)…

    And this doesn’t even include accommodation: From $21,115.69 for a 5
    star hotel in Thailand to the whopping $265,000 for the delegation
    in Durban.

    We asked who took these flights, but they refused to answer. It is
    no wonder that the department of climate change refused to reveal
    who took these flights – I’d be ashamed too if this was found out.
    We shall be appealing this decision, because the Australian public
    has a right to know whose holidays they are paying for!

    This is just the first tranche of a series of documents we received
    under Freedom of Information laws, and thank you to everyone whose
    donation made this possible (we were charged over $750!) We shall be
    releasing further data discovered about waste and misuse of taxpayer
    funds soon.

    Australians must known about these scams! Please forward
    <http://us2.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=d9f51dd317ac24a90c904906c&id=fe9a5fd1c6&e=f8ef16fe8c>this
    to your friends, share it on Facebook:Like Carbon Tax Hypocrites
    Jetsetting In Luxury At Our Expense on Facebook
    <http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=d9f51dd317ac24a90c904906c&id=fe9a5fd1c6&fblike=true&e=f8ef16fe8c&socialproxy=http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/social-proxy/facebook-like?u%3Dd9f51dd317ac24a90c904906c%26id%3Dfe9a5fd1c6%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fus2.campaign-archive2.com%252F%253Fu%253Dd9f51dd317ac24a90c904906c%2526id%253Dfe9a5fd1c6%26title%3DCarbon%2520Tax%2520Hypocrites%2520Jetsetting%2520In%2520Luxury%2520At%2520Our%2520Expense> and
    on Twitter share on Twitter
    <http://twitter.com/share?url=http://eepurl.com/mQ4Kv&text=Carbon+Tax+Hypocrites+Jetsetting+In+Luxury+At+Our+Expense+via+%40AusTaxpayers&count=none>,
    and make sure everyone knows the truth so we can AXE THIS TAX!

    Timothy Andrews
    Executive Director
    Australian Taxpayers’ Alliance

    PS: The Sunday Telegraph reported on our investigation yesterday -
    you canread their story here
    <http://stopgillardscarbontax.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d9f51dd317ac24a90c904906c&id=7adeb79f01&e=f8ef16fe8c>.

    follow on Twitter
    <http://stopgillardscarbontax.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d9f51dd317ac24a90c904906c&id=c233a6ebbb&e=f8ef16fe8c>|friend
    on Facebook
    <http://stopgillardscarbontax.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=d9f51dd317ac24a90c904906c&id=8bdad1dabb&e=f8ef16fe8c>|forward
    to a friend
    <http://us2.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=d9f51dd317ac24a90c904906c&id=fe9a5fd1c6&e=f8ef16fe8c>

    /Copyright © 2012 Australian Taxpayers' Alliance, All rights reserved./
    Supporting the Australian Taxpayers' Alliance
    *Our mailing address is:*
    Australian Taxpayers' Alliance
    PO Box A2208
    Sydney South,NSW1235
    Australia

    Add us to your address book
    <http://stopgillardscarbontax.us2.list-manage1.com/vcard?u=d9f51dd317ac24a90c904906c&id=b513219292>

    / Please clickhere
    <http://stopgillardscarbontax.us2.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=d9f51dd317ac24a90c904906c&id=b513219292&e=f8ef16fe8c&c=fe9a5fd1c6> if
    you no longer wish to receive these emails |update subscription
    preferences
    <http://stopgillardscarbontax.us2.list-manage1.com/profile?u=d9f51dd317ac24a90c904906c&id=b513219292&e=f8ef16fe8c>
    /