[BITList] Nexus 7

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 23 01:36:17 BST 2012

Colin
Just a normal TCP\IPv4/6
I can read the IP address's of my nas units but not read their content,
the N7 is a tablet running android 4.1 as opposed  to a phone, what I
need is something like "Media Browser" which I use with windows "Media
centre" which works very well both on both wi-fi and hard wired. Have
tried a couple of apps that recognise the folders but cant open them,
maybe these apps don't recognise "bubble gum" 4.1 having been written
for "ice cream sandwich"4.0, the same apps work fine in windows
Amazon wont let us buy any useful apps for the KF except on a US credit
card doesn't have any problems with an Australian card for books and KF
accessory's though, which is why I thought the N7 might get around these
obstacles the N7 fits very nicely into the KF protective covers and with
addition of a magnet will even switch on and off automatically with the
opening and closing of the cover, still its early days and it does seem
very user  friendly apart from this
frank